Monday, March 16, 2009

stokes croft bristol




This is the street where I have a studio space at the moment. Lots of people came and talked to me during the few days I drew there. I love the way drawing breaks down social barriers. In a way I feel protected by the activity of drawing in the street. I lose my fear of people, it gives me a reason to be there and is a thing to generate interest. I really enjoyed doing it just because of that. I would never be able to talk to so many different people. They were all very interested in the drawing and told me about how they used to draw, wished they still did draw or many do still draw and really enjoy it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!, i see you even drew the banksy on the wall of that barber shop

anonymation said...

nice one!

i see you even drew the banksy on the wall of that barber shop

i wonder what the actual size of your drawing is

Jonathan said...

the drawing is about 2 metres long i think. Yes i think i got a very slanted angle of the Banksy. it got graffitied a month or so later. That is interesting, graffiting graffiti and devalueing in money terms something which has become valuable yet technically remained illegal